Did you mean: 

Unknown Google Play Charges

Laura31
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

There have been a large number of google play charges on my sons phone bill (I have since put a bar on any purchases since discovering them) but I am having issues getting a refund for charges last month. Google can't see any activity on my account before 01/11/20 even though I have quite large charges on my account starting from 11/10/20. They keep requesting I fill in a form where I am required to provide them with a correlation ID number from O2. However, when I phone O2 they don't know what a correlation ID is so I keep going around in circles. I cannot even go direct to an app as I'm unsure what app the charges came from!

Please help, I'm losing the will to live being passed from department to department within Google.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Laura31 Perhaps one of O2's online account advisors can assist you. 

@Korey01 or @O2Waqas or @O2Emma can you help?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

O2Waqas
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Bambino Thank you for the tag,

@Laura31 I will send you a private message to get some details, so we can look into this further for you

Thanks 

Waqas

signature
Message 3 of 8

Weekatz
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have also just had unwanted charges and knowone can help with correlation ID. 

PLease help

Message 4 of 8

Griffin5800
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone had a result on this. Basically my phone was lifted from my possession on a train and this has happened to me constant billing and app purchases not made my me. I have been using an iPhone for the last 3 months so definitely isn’t me on the google play store. I need the correlation id's in order to get refunds. 

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Griffin5800 

When you say your phone was lifted from your possession on a train, I presume you mean it was stolen?

Did you report it to O2 via the lost and stolen route?

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

If you didn't do this then you will be out of luck for any refunds

Any lost or stolen device has to be reported within 24 hrs so O2 can bar the phone and sim and stop anyone else using it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Cheesed
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’d also like to know how to get a correlation ID code. My elderly aunt has a Google charge on her iPhone and we’re having difficulty establishing where it has come from. 

Thanks for any assistance.

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Cheesed 

You need to speak to Apple as they pass the charge onto O2, as you cant get a correlation code from Google as it only applies to purchases from the Google Play Store, which iPhones dont have access to.

https://support.apple.com 

And they should be able to provide all the details for you

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8