Did you mean: 

Unable to see incoming phone numbers

LostSock
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all.

Every phone call I receive says Unknown, whether it's my girlfriend, my mum, or me calling from my home number to everyone else. I know the 3 above don't have their settings set to hide number for a fact, yet it comes up unknown every darn time.

It never used to do this, I've got calls in my lists that have shown up numbers going back to 2018, then all of a sudden it went to not displaying numbers.

I've checked every setting possible in all the settings, everything my end shows that I should be seeing people's numbers, and I've contacted 02 who can't understand it as I have CD activated.

Has anyone else had this problem as it's driving me bananas. I answer a lot of calls I wouldn't ordinarily, like the automated PPI ones etc, as I never know if the caller is someone I care about, or just spam.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8, the android version is up to date (Android 9.0 or something I think) and in all my settings I have everything set as normal, exactly as it all was when I was actually seeing incoming numbers just fine.

It's seriously making me consider buying a new phone on a new network, as O2 haven't helped me, and I've trawled the web for Samsung S8 problems the same and I'm not getting anywhere. I've even downloaded 3rd party calling apps hoping that'd solve the problem but it doesn't, I use my home phone to call myself, which I know for a fact doesn't have outbound number hidden and it still comes up Unknown.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @LostSock 

This was a problem for someone else with  the same phone.

According to @MI5  you need to call customer services and ask if PLIST is enabled on your account (a network control which allows caller ID to be displayed)

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Incoming-calls-coming-up-as-unknown/td-p/1092315

Note, I am simply following advice on another thread...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @LostSock 

This was a problem for someone else with  the same phone.

According to @MI5  you need to call customer services and ask if PLIST is enabled on your account (a network control which allows caller ID to be displayed)

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Incoming-calls-coming-up-as-unknown/td-p/1092315

Note, I am simply following advice on another thread...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Out of interest, does the problem move with the SIM? I mean, have you tried your SIM in another phone to see if the Unknown still happens?
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Or does it happen with a new sim in your phone @LostSock?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4