cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download music from Google Pay

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an 8GB data allowance and so occasionally wish to download music from Google Play on to my phone.

However, 3g or 4g, it never works - "Can't download music, will try again later" is displayed instantly.

I've encountered this problem on two different phones in multiple locations. What's going on, are O2 port blocking to prevent users using the data that they pay for?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Does your settings in Google play allow download over mobile data?
Updates can change it back to "wifi onky"
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have allowed downloads over mobile data.
Message 3 of 6

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Try resetting the app and logging back in - head into settings > applications/apps >Google Play Music then "clear data".

Open Play Music back up and sign in with your Google account.

Just to clarify, you can connect to the internet via the browser ok? - Just to rule out a generic connection error.
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Regardless of your data allowance, wouldn't it be more prudent to download any music you might want over WiFi? It seems a bit of a waste of data to me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@version7point0 wrote:
Try resetting the app and logging back in - head into settings > applications/apps >Google Play Music then "clear data".

Be warned tho, that could also delete all the albums you have previously downloaded as Google play store the encrypted files in the app data folder.

Message 6 of 6