cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect / register to network (Samsung S3)

Anonymous
Not applicable

My devide is a Samsung S3 GT-I9300 and it will not connect to the O2 network for the web or messaging / recieving phone calls. It worked up until yesterday where it suddenly stopped working after I disconnected from wifi. I can only use the wifi on my device. 

My sim card works in my brothers Samsung S3 and his does not work in my phone. I have tried resetting to default APN settings and turning my phone off and on plenty times but nothing seems to work.

Also, the O2 network in my area is working fine as my brother is also on the same network and he is connected.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

yes, definitely sounds like the phone has developed some kind of fault.

Since you had it for over 14 days, you can take it to o2 shop, it will be sent to be repaired but personally I would recommend contacting Samsung directly first.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-I9300MBDBTU link for Samsung support

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

have you recently updated the software on your phone?

If there is no mast near you and your simcard does not work in your phone but works in your brothers, yet, his simcard works in your phone, seems like your sim is faulty.

But also there must be a fault with your phone.

How long you had the phone for?

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. his simcard does not work in my phone. So it seems it is only the phone that is having trouble.

have not updated the software recently no, and I got the phone at the start of June this year so just under 7 months I think.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

yes, definitely sounds like the phone has developed some kind of fault.

Since you had it for over 14 days, you can take it to o2 shop, it will be sent to be repaired but personally I would recommend contacting Samsung directly first.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-I9300MBDBTU link for Samsung support

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah I thought it would have to come to this, thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome,

let us know how you get on.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144395 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Phone could be barred if it didn't come directly from O2 (ie ebay purchase?) also check if your IMEI number (in settings >About device) matches that on the phone box.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7