cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Text & Web PAYG to a new SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy A5 with the intention of using my old SIM with it so I could keep the tariff I'm on (and happy with), but I've just realised it takes a nano SIM, not a normal sized one. 

Is there any way I can transfer my Text & Web tariff over to my new SIM the same way I could do with my old number? The new style of tariffs seem like a bad deal to me, where once your 'free' allowances run out after a month, you're left with no credit. I can usually make a tenner stretch 2 months at least, the first on the allowances, and the second using up the actual credit.

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, that's really helpful :). It seems to have worked with my tariff and credit, but my number hasn't been swapped over. Is there a separate form for that?

And thanks, I'm really loving my new phone so far - it's so much faster than my old HTC One V! slight_smile 

Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Here you go...

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It should all change over at the same time.
Are you sure your number hasn't changed too?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

On your home screen, there will be an icon call contact. Open that, your number should appear as under your contact card details or there maybe one saying my number, that should tell you the number that you are using 

Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It should all change over at the same time.
Are you sure your number hasn't changed too?

I ask because if you look in about phone, the number displayed there will be whatever is on the sim and not necessarily the number in use.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15