Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer contacts from window mobile to android

afr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just purchased an android phone. How can I transfer my many contacts to this phone from my old windows phone lumia 950. It seems my lumia has not been backing up my contacts to the cloud despite auto backup being switched on.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@afr 

Sign into your Google account on the Lumia and backup your contacts to Google.

Sign in with same Google account on your new phone and the contacts will sync.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

afr
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank yo so much for your prompt reply. My problrm seems to be that my old Lumia phone does not seem to be backing up my contacts which I do not understand. my phone has auto backup switched on but it does not seem to be working.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@afr 

Are you signed in to your Google account on the phone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

afr
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your response. On my windows phone I am signed on to my Microsoft Account. I gather I cannot save contacts directly from my Windows phone to my new google account.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@afr 

Contacts will be backed up to your windows account but if you also add your Google account, you can back them up there too, which will be easier for you to transfer them to the new phone.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

afr
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I gather the contacts have to be converted to a CSV file for Google to accept them.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8