Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts have stopped over the past week

MIkeHawkey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Galaxy S& Edge and about a week ago I began to notice that people were telling me they were sending me texts but I was not receiving them. Now I don't appear to get any texts from anyone with the exception of occasion authentication texts from PayPay which usually come in when I am at home. Before posting this I have two people send me a text and I haven't received either of them. I've checked all the setting on the phone, in a good signal area but nothing.

Any assistance on this would be appreciated as reading through the forum there are others who have experienced something similar.

Mike

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MIkeHawkeyis everything else working on the phone ie calls and data? Have you inadvertently blocked anyone? You may need a new sim card. Any O2 shop will provide one and transfer everything over for you...

Other advice given on this link https://thedroidguy.com/2016/09/samsung-galaxy-s6-messages-stopped-issue-related-problems-1064566

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MIkeHawkeyis everything else working on the phone ie calls and data? Have you inadvertently blocked anyone? You may need a new sim card. Any O2 shop will provide one and transfer everything over for you...

Other advice given on this link https://thedroidguy.com/2016/09/samsung-galaxy-s6-messages-stopped-issue-related-problems-1064566

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Try taking out your sim and giving it a wipe with a soft cloth.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Check your postcode for mast problems.

http://status.o2.co.uk

Then this...

In network settings select another provider instead of O2. You will get an error message so then select O2 again. Any stuck messages should then clear and texts should start coming through. 

Message 4 of 7

MIkeHawkey
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

AT LAST!! Many thanks for all the advice. Clearing the cache and the network swap worked and I'm back in business.

Mike

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Glad you got it working in the end @MIkeHawkey and welcome to our forum! yahoo