Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting abroad charges

Slushpuppy1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all. I occasionally text my dad in lanzarote(he has a sim card for there) it usually costs around 16p per text. The last couple of texts I have sent are now costing 26p per text. I can't find anything about price rises. I am on a pay monthly contract. Can you shed any light on this please

Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

G_d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

I'll feed that back @adamtemp64,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not happy with this outcome @G_d and I will share this experience with the team to see if we can improve on this in any way in future.

I don't see how any sane customer could be happy with this insight into how O2 treat us and how little regard they have for their Pay Monthly customers. This was a formal complaint, in which O2 upheld their own policy to not notify the customers who would be affected by the almost doubling in the price of an international text.

Message 71 of 77

G_d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Thanks Toby

@G_d I would use the ombudsman service so that o2 can be bought to task over the issue and this will be fed back to ofcom and remember that ofcom fined Vodafone recently.

You may be right @adamtemp64 , but I've wasted enough of my own precious time and energy on this, and now that I've made my decision to leave O2 I'll leave it to someone else to fight that cause if they want to.

Message 72 of 77

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

or just fill 1 more form in here so ofcom is aware https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/customer-service https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 73 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just caught up with this thread and I have to say I am appalled. I am a contract customer and travel abroad frequently. I do have O2 Travel but have considered opting out.....A very shady practice only informing a select few. Every O2 customer should have been told.Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 77

Slushpuppy1
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Having started this thread, I also didn't receive any notification of charges going up either.🤔 And I am still waiting for o2 to tell me they are stopping their email service 😀.(pay monthly for many years)

Message 75 of 77

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Don't hold your breath wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 76 of 77

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I don't believe they notified anyone about the closing of the email service. It just disappeared from the contact page and a generic response to any email sent.

Message 77 of 77