Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages with pics attached + Help

Helen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Slight problem when I sent a text message and attach a photo no one can see the picture....used to be able to do this no problem on other network has anyone got a fix
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi @Helen try texting the word "Active" to 2020 then save the settings that get sent back to you. Reboot the phone and try again.
You can also use WhatsApp etc to send pictures for free if the other person has the same app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi @Helen try texting the word "Active" to 2020 then save the settings that get sent back to you. Reboot the phone and try again.
You can also use WhatsApp etc to send pictures for free if the other person has the same app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@HelenAlso remember to tell the recipients of the picture that they need to have mobile data turned on to be able to download the images...

I usually use Messenger to send pictures to friends (over WiFi)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Helen Sending photos via text message is a very expensive option, both for you and the recipient. Use the apps that have been suggested instead.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

55p per message is crazy when there are so many different options out there. If the other person doesn't have the same wifi app needed then simply email the picture. Everyone has an email address.

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Helen, and welcome to the forum Wave

There's a lot of useful info in the replies above, please take a look and let us know if it answers your question or if you'd like some more help smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6