cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I live in an area where there is no indoors phone signal. I have been using TU to make and receive calls. O2 will turn off TU at the end of the month.So by the end of this month I can not make/receive calls.

My phone is the latest one plus3 phone without O2 firmware for voice over wifi.

There are only  3 android phone manufacturers currently supporting o2 firmware.

O2 helpline advise that I should bin my old new phone, and buy or bundle a new phone.

or

should I just bin O2. and migrate to another provider.

They have really lost the plot and failed at all levels to understand customers' requirements

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousYou could try Three or EE. Both offer Wifi calling with texts. It appears that you may have to be on their network using their phones though....Although I believe one of our members @MI5 has managed to find a way round this? http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/wifi-calling

Three in Touch app does seem to be a favoured option. You would need to check your phone is compatible with it. http://www.three.co.uk/discover/three_intouch

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Yeah, 'tis true. I have EE wifi calling on my grey import Lumia 950 and Three in touch running on my Z3 tablet.
Fortunately I don't have to rely on them but I will have to carry 2 phones around with me as I had Tugo running on my EE iPhone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that was a helpful suggestion indeed. “Bin the old phone” wonder what jobs worth came up with that line
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are we saying that if you don't run the O2 Firmware, you can't use WiFi calling?

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I ask is that I am considering rooting my SGS8+ and trying an alternative ROM..

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Are we saying that if you don't run the O2 Firmware, you can't use WiFi calling?

Correct.

If you root it you can kiss goodbye to wifi calling.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou for the information, appreciate it.

Message 8 of 8