cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update

Anonymous
Not applicable

i did a system update this morning and now my phone won't unlock with my finger print....help!!!!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Unlock it with your password, pin or pattern, then set up your fingerprints again.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't give me the option to put my password only finger print,and then I have to wait a hour to be able to try again

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What phone?
If you swipe left or right on the lock screen does the PIN entry prompt come up?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous As @MI5 has asked, what phone do you have? Do you have a lock screen displayed? If you try to manually unlock the screen it should ask you to enter either a pin, a password, or a pattern, which you would have had to set up before you could enter you fingerprint.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's an iPhone then try this or a restore via iTunes but remember to back your phone up first

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6659676?tstart=0
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The OP has posted in the Android section, @Anonymous, so I don't think it is. Unless they come back with an update as to how they've got on, we can't really help any more than we have.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous did you have any joy getting the fingerprint unlock working again? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8