cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have got a contract with a galaxy s2 but would like to buy a s3 handset. Can I swap my normal contract sim for a microsim but still be on my contract?

Also, I will buy it in USA and I like in uk, can I get it unlocked?
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
SIM swap is no problem but if you buy the phone in US you will have problems unlocking it legally in the UK. Make sure you buy an international version as well in case you get one with different bands that don't work in the UK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
SIM swap is no problem but if you buy the phone in US you will have problems unlocking it legally in the UK. Make sure you buy an international version as well in case you get one with different bands that don't work in the UK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2