Did you mean: 

Strange wakelock on S3

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im running 4.1.2

Noticed this morning my battery had drained quite abit, so went into the battery stats and saw that since i went to bed last night, my phone has been "awake" with the screen off. Was fine all day up to going to bed. I havent updated any apps or changed any settings. I rebooted the phone and it appears this has fixed the issue.

Looking at battery stats there is nothing in there at all to suggest what it is. No apps hogging usage, and the highest percentage is the screen at around 25%

First time its happened this on my phone ive had for about 8 month, and strange it appeared without updating anything. So not sure what could have caused it?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes it does and it appears to have hung rather than exit. I always do a restart once a day ro clear everything out of memory.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, just noticed something. Mediaserver was awake for 9 hours. Now just before bed i was using youtube on my phone to stream it to my TV, although i exited the app on my phone and tv and the TV was off all night

Does youtube use the mediaserver thing?

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes it does and it appears to have hung rather than exit. I always do a restart once a day ro clear everything out of memory.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Thanks. Doing a few tests and managed to replicate the issue again by using the paired device function of youtube. So dunno if this is a more widespread bug? But ive managed to replicate it so cant be that uncommon

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not the first time mediaserver has been an issue. The same happened to me with TuGo and it used 254 mb of data (84 mb ota and the rest on wifi) in just 18 hours.

Best way I find to resolve was to reboot the handset.
Message 5 of 5