cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour with new Galaxy J5 2016 and voicemail which has a mind of it's own?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have bought a new Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 'phone. I have an account with O2. Never the 'twain shall meet!

There are constant Voicemail notifications coming on to the device. I have followed the instructions to disable Voicemail thro' O2, but still the silly messages appear.

How do I stop this happening? I obviously want to know if there is a message left on Voicemail, but I do not want to have continual notification of the message and have no way of deleting it?

I have been on the 1706 number and disabled it and still the message appears and the icon on top left of screen is there. I have switched the thing off and started again and still it appears, the only option left appears to be to throw it against the wall!!

At one stage it was asking me for a number to put in to the system, obviously, erroneously, I keyed in the phone number, now I get voicemail messages from me!!

Any help would be appreciated. It sems to me to be a problem inherent in the O2 system, but what do I know!!

Thanks

Tony V

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess you'll have to call O2 and ask them to reset your mailbox from their end.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5

You may well be right. I have just spent minutes going thro' settings for notifications and have sett everything that looks remotely connected to Phone/Voicemail. and still the device can't recognise what it is being told. Every time I reboot the thing a message comes up that there is a voicemail for me!! What garbage. I think I will go in to an O2 store tomorrow and get them to sort it. Thanks for your interest!

Cheers

altv

Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There isn't a phone setting for vm notifications anyway.
It's pushed from the network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5

Yeah, I noticed that in my machinations around the device, but just unchecked as many notificartions as was sensible just in case the icon would go and the messages would stop! Something about the marvels of modern technology!

Cheers

altv

Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Customer service should be able to clear it for you by refreshing the mailbox.
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called in to the O2 store this morning and spoke to one of the assistants. Explained the problem to him and asked that he transfer the Contacts from my old 'phone to the new one.

He tried all the same procedures that I tried yesterday from 901, 1760 and 1750 all to no avail. He then said he didn't know what else to do and would transfer the Contacts across!

This he did and in so doing, he took the battery out the new 'phone and then removed the SIM card so that he could put it in to the old 'phone and copy the details across. He did this then transeferred the SIM card back to the new 'phone and installed the battery. Closed the device up and switched on. The problem was now resolved! I said to him perhaps that is the answer to this annoying problem of constant reminders of Voicemail coming up when there are no Voicemails there.

So, switch off, remove battery, remove SIM card, install SIM card, install battery, close device and switch on! Seems a good ploy to me and it now works. I am not sure whether the copying exercise had any effect, but It is now fine!!

Cheers

altv.

Message 16 of 18

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The wonders of modern technology!

Currently using:
Message 18 of 18