Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound interuptions on bluetooth wireless headphones

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I recently purchased some wireless bluetooth headphones.  They work great and have a good sound.  But the music is briefly interupted quite often (sound drops and then comes back).

This is really annoying and I thought it might be because I have an email or text coming through on my phone. But when I check the phone, there are no notifications on there. 

Is this to do with the phone maybe moving between cell towers, or searching for a 4G or wifi signal?  It has to be something like that I would have thought.

One last thing I might try is putting my phone into aeroplane mode to see if it is to do with apps lookign or checking for something.

Has anybody else experienced these kind of issues with wireless bluetooth headphones?

Thanks

Steve

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Phone signal shouldn’t have any effect on Bluetooth streaming.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 the mystery continues.  I'll keep trying stuff to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks

Steve
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 10

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @jonsie Yeah. The headphones work fine as far as connecting is concerned, I'm just finding the sound volume reduces then comes back every minute or so, very much like what happens when you get a text etc.

I use these when cycling to work.  My phone is in the top of my bag at this point, about 6 inches from where the headphones are on my ears.

Thanks

Steve
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm just wondering if it's possible that other devices are trying to connect or vice versa. ...

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try the obvious first such as connecting to a different phone or audio source and see if the problem is with the device or the headphones.
Also delete the pairing and re-pair but make sure both devices are in pairing mode when doing so.
If issue is with the phone clear the cache and reboot then try again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 I'll give your suggestions a go

Thanks

Steve
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know mate....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @welshsteve76, any progress with this, did you find out what the issue might be?

Message 10 of 10