Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony xz2

Bob22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My new xz2 will no longer connect to my car phone via Bluetooth and also will not connect to my security camera, yet my old Sony phone will connect to both without a problem, I've tried all the usual things resetting restarting and such like
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What error message pops up on trying to connect?
Message 2 of 8

Bob22
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The camera is WiFi not Bluetooth
Message 3 of 8

Bob22
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Network error comes up when trying to connect to the camera and with the car, the phone Bluetooth finds the sync system but does not allow me to put in the code
Message 4 of 8

Bob22
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Network error comes up with the camera and the phone finds the sync system in the phone but don't allow me to connect with the code
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The xz2 is running Bluetooth 5.0 - and whilst this should be backwards compatible earlier Bluetooth versions like your car Bluetooth it may not be as Sony say...

"Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth devices can vary." 

All you can do is try pairing from the car first, from the phone first, from both at the same time. If all else fails upgrade your car's audio system , or get a newer car.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your WiFi cameras should be more easily solved... Are you using an app on the new phone?

If you can access from your older phone then they are definitely active devices on your home WiFi network so all you need to do is configure the new phine app correctly and they should be visible using the new phone too.

Check the settings on the old phone app and try to replicate them

Assuming of course that the new phone is also an active device with its own IP address on your lan. So you should check that first.

Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Bob22 and welcome to the forum smiling Let us know if you've made any progress with this connection issue, any luck with the info above?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8