Did you mean: 

Sony Z1 Reviews

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So what do people think of the new flagship from Sony? The Sony Z1

I will have to wait till after work to mess about with it but so far the reviews are not good.

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable
@masterwei, white looks much better. Glad I chose white over black
Message 11 of 73

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yea wonder if i can change to the white model in store even tho i purchased online...

Message 12 of 73

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so want the white one now hahahha

Message 13 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Love everything about it.

Except. Is everyone elses front camera working ok? Rear camera is fine, but as soon as i press the button to swap, the screen stays black. Pressing back causes the camera app to crash.

Message 14 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine works fine. One thing that I noticed is that my battery only lost 2% of its charge overnight B-).

Camera in low light isn't as good as I was expecting but still miles better than my XS. Probably going to sell my free lens, it's a bit pointless. If only they had put on flash on it!
Message 15 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, ive been to store, they agree it's broken. Store cant replace it.
Spoke to CS on the phone for 45 min, they have none in stock and no date for getting more in yet. So I can swap my phone... But no idea when. This Z1 is still usable, but the thought of not being able to fully customise stuff, save things etc because it'll be going back is frustrating.
Message 16 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, mine gets really hot, even when just browsing the Web and listening to music. Anyone else's doing the same?
Message 17 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Love everything about it.

Except. Is everyone elses front camera working ok? Rear camera is fine, but as soon as i press the button to swap, the screen stays black. Pressing back causes the camera app to crash.

My front camera works ok.  Sounds like just a bug to be honest, did you install the latest system update on first boot?

Android does things like this from time to time, try and force quit the process, or worst case plugin to your computer and recover the software which will wipe it fully and start a fresh.

Message 18 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, ive been to store, they agree it's broken. Store cant replace it.
Spoke to CS on the phone for 45 min, they have none in stock and no date for getting more in yet. So I can swap my phone... But no idea when. This Z1 is still usable, but the thought of not being able to fully customise stuff, save things etc because it'll be going back is frustrating.

Nightmare, hope you get it sorted soon.

Message 19 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Also, mine gets really hot, even when just browsing the Web and listening to music. Anyone else's doing the same?

Only when charging does mine get hot.

Sometimes if you are hammering GPS as well a device will get hot.

If you are not using GPS then could be an issue with the device as it shouldn't get hot under the normal use you mentioned.

Message 20 of 73