Did you mean: 

Sony Z1 Reviews

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So what do people think of the new flagship from Sony? The Sony Z1

I will have to wait till after work to mess about with it but so far the reviews are not good.

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable
Masterwai - this is their standard answer. They tell you three days for anything.

They then sent me an email saying they were out of stock online so I had to go into a store for 'a compatible headset'

Haven't been in yet but told them I want sony and not some comparable rubbish, they said this will be ok but let's are what the shop has to say slight_smile
Message 31 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding the image quality remember sony 'fake' a lot of this. So on your device you have all sorts of software rendering going on to make things look amazing. Any device without this can't show the same quality.

Worth bearing in mind!
Message 32 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm loving it, moved from iPhone 4 to it and it's just so fast! Taking some time getting used to the keyboard and size but it's fabulous.

Great camera, great speed and already loving the set up over iPhone .
Message 33 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine came with headphones as got it from phones4u / Vodafone when O2 lost my order. The headphones are great with different ear plug sizes and it's the handsfree kit so I would insist on getting them rather than a credit if you can
Message 34 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine came with headphones as got it from phones4u / Vodafone when O2 lost my order. The headphones are great with different ear plug sizes and it's the handsfree kit so I would insist on getting them rather than a credit if you can

What model are your headphones?

Message 35 of 73

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hopefully sony can release a software update to correct.
Message 36 of 73

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i better not get some bog standard non branded rubbish ones!
Message 37 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Masterwai the headphones are Sony, I got the white Hart Model and it's white Sony headphones with clearish ear buds. There were spare ear buds of different sizes too!
Message 38 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I'm gonna keep it and give it a chance!

The scene bugs me but less each day slight_smile

The battery is a million times better after a few charges and lasting ages now.

Camera is still a concern with the images being 'faked' on the z1 screen but this is sure to be fixed with later firmware updates.

For the weight, I have just hired someone to hold it for me......lol joke of course, I will just work out more 😛
Message 39 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if anyone wants an unlock to use others SIM cards (when you are abroad for example) just request it free from O2 online. As usual you get a confirmation saying could be 28 days but I received it by email in......20 mins!!!

Credit to O2 for this part, amazingly quick!!!!
Message 40 of 73