cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Z1 Compact help - calls cutting out after 10seconds

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my z1 compact for about a month and now for about a week everytime I make or recieve a call just goes silent the person cant hear me and I cant hear them, the phone hasnt hung up it acts as if it is still on the phone

Its not the signal or other persons phone as its happened in various places/people.

Any ideas before I take it back to the shop?Help

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

okay thanks

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'm struggling too tbh.
The only place I can find reference to proximity sensor is in the service menu and mine is "off".
Check by dialing *#*#7378423#*#*
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I'm struggling too tbh.
The only place I can find reference to proximity sensor is in the service menu and mine is "off".
Check by dialing *#*#7378423#*#*

I did have a look also and mainly come across lots of forums with people all having issues with the sensor.

I'd go with contacting the manufacturer.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a look as well and could only find mine in the service menus. Mine is also set to "off".
Message 14 of 18

clarkeshire
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just got this handset for my wife and it is behaving exactly the same way. It's literally a week old.

When making a call the audio stops (bbth ways) after about 10seconds. When receiving a call the audio cuts out (both ways) after about 10 seconds. 

Switching to handsfree gets the audio back again, but it cuts out after a further 10s. I'd guess there's a software issue here. 

I've just rebooting the phone and that's cured the issue, I wonder how long for....

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be swapping it out before the cooling off period ends which is 14 days from O2.
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna have to take it into shop tomorrow, thanks for all help!

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gonna have to take it into shop tomorrow, thanks for all help!

Hi ,

Most probably the best move.

A person under 14 days ownership should insist on a replacement not a repair.

As you have owned this a month if they cannot rectify this in-store you will be asked to surrender the phone for repair. At this point your decision would be to let them have it or seek redress through the manufacturer.

would go with the latter.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Message 18 of 18