cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium - Anybody else find this phone a nightmare?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with o2 for over ten years and I've mainly gone for HTC phones which have always served me well, they did tend to become a little tired toward the end of the contract but generally did well.

I received a call suggesting an early upgrade to the sony that I have now as a special offer - I regret this so much.

Initially I was pleased, the phone looked nice, seemed to work quickly - not bad.

Then the problems started:

The camera which was a huge selling point - it's slow, no burst mode, image quality is good the rare times your shot isnt blurred - my HTC had a fab camera.

When making phone calls, the screen blacks out - it won't come back on so if you need to enter into the keypad to select an option - impossible - if someone doesnt answer and it goes to voicemail - impossible to end the call - I worked around this by using the power button cut off but this doesnt fix the problem of wanting to select an option for touch tone calls.

The headphone jack has now stopped working.

It crashes - all the time.

Rant over! Just wondered if anyone else has similar problems or I have ended up with a Friday afternoon phone.

Have to say i'm fed up though, it isn't cheap and I wish I had kept my HTC.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
My Z5 is a superb device with non of the issues you mention.
You either have a rogue app, corrupt OS or a faulty phone.
I'd download Xperia Companion first and reinstall the firmware. Don't reload any battery saving or security apps (if you have them) and try it again.
If it still plays up contact Sony for a repair or replacement.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
My Z5 is a superb device with non of the issues you mention.
You either have a rogue app, corrupt OS or a faulty phone.
I'd download Xperia Companion first and reinstall the firmware. Don't reload any battery saving or security apps (if you have them) and try it again.
If it still plays up contact Sony for a repair or replacement.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Z5 premium...
Only phone I've ever regretted not having anymore. I really, really miss it.
As for op, never had any of the issues you mentioned else I would be able to advise better but would start with the Xperia companion repair installation and move on from there, make sure you have no dust or lint in 3.5mm jack and photos are less snapshot but more mess with settings for best results.
Message 4 of 4