Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet - faulty keyboard

apdqueen81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I recenlty purchased the above tablet that comes with the keyboard (BKB50). The keyboard is supposed to last for up to a month one a charge for up to 8 hours use a day. However, mine would appear to be faulty as it drains battery like it's going out of fashion.

When it was off this afternoon (I double cheked it was off) after turning it back on 30 minutes later it had last 8% charge so it doesn't appear to be able to hold its charge.

I know as I bought the tablet only a week ago, I can get it replaced. But does anyone know if O2 will want the whole package back (tablet and keyboard) as they come together in one box!? I'd rather not send the tablet back after spending ages getting it set up (it works fine anyway!)

I will try and get hold of O2 tomorrow.

Thanks,
David.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It is certainly advisable as I said above, to contact Sony directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

apdqueen81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yep - I have just dropped them a line. Certainly would be preferable to have Sony repair it as I assume they'd just want the keyboard back. However O2s refusal to entertain fixing or replacing it was a little irritating as I believe the Sales of Goods Act puts the onus on them! Oh well as long as it gets fixed, doesn't matter who does it! Cheers.
Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Actually the poor response from O2 gives you a real advantage as we are sure Sony will be a lot more helpful..

Best of luck...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
O2 can't actually refuse to repair or replace legally, as you say, In fact they should replace as it's within 14 days but that would be the entire package.
I too assume that Sony will just replace or repair the keyboard as a standalone item.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14