cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been left wondering why O2 have not posted anything on the O2 Community about the Sony Xperia Z2.

I can see that the phone is advertised on the O2 website under 'coming soon' but the 'keep me in the loop' emails which I have registered for appear to be non-existent!

I can see the nice post from the O2 Social Media team about the Galaxy S5, however nothing on the poor Xperia Z2. 

Does anyone know when this phone is set to launch?  From the Sony website, I can see that it looks like April, but I'd like to know more!  I am free to upgrade from now, but am holding out for the Z2 - I want to know how long I'll have to wait!!!

W :manindifferent:

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning and Welcome to the forum.

Tbh we would have suggested what you gave already carried out and to keep checking back here for any forum updates.

Sometimes the independents such as CPW get the handsets quicker than the Network Shops, so it may be advantageous to keep checking with them too.

We are all customers here too so do not have any inside knowledge on roll out schedules. 😞
Message 2 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Warbranannan: On paper that specification seems to have the edge on the Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G Pro 2 and HTC One (2014). The smartphones is getting more like the F1 these days, very similar technology (in fact they all use Qualcomm chipsets) and either one of those would make people happy.

I'm wondering how Apple is going to counter these in the marketplace. Afterall it's down to user features now more than performance, as the gains in going from one model to another is greatly reducing,

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Warbrannen,

We'll see if anything can be done about a post slight_smile
What phone are you using the presently? The first Xperia Z?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

I am currently on the Samsung Galaxy S3, but have two contracts, and the other contract is an Xperia Z which my fiancee uses. 

I'm just hoping to get my upgrade as soon as possible, and not knowing when the handset will be available is starting to grate on me a little!

Message 5 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It looks they have it on preorder and should sell very well. If I was a keen photographer I would be salivating in my Crunchy Nuts bowl. Then again, megapixels mean nothing when you have a rubbish lens and poor software. Which clearly Sony is not guilty off.

I remember the Nokia from way back with 50MP camera which never made it to the market for some reason.

[Shuffles from sight]

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hey guys and gals,
FYI, we've created a Xperia Z2 discussion thread, so head over and post your thoughts!

We'll be updating it as we get more news slight_smile

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Sony-Xperia-Z2/td-p/634981
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 7