cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 terrible outgoing calls quality

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey there,

since i got my z2 last year my friends have been complaining that they couldn't hear me clearly. i sound 'like im underwater' muffled or as if i was using it on loud speaker from the other side of the room. 

i didn't realise how bad it was unltil i left myself a voicemail on my home phone the other day. i called from a quiet office with full bars 4g and it sounded like i was driving a car and some bits were completely missing.

although the sound is crystal clear on any cheapo headset and the in-phone voice recording is perfect. i tried my sim in 3 different phones and the quality was always 10/10, but not on z2

i did multiple system restores and disabled mic noise suppression but no joy.

i recently booked a guru in my local shop but they only replaced my sim card and said that it should be ok now.

it's not.

what should i do?

thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Certainly sounds like a faulty mic and Sony is the best place to get support.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the forum

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are having. We have a Sony expert @viridis I have mentioned him in my post and hopefully he will be along as soon as possible to give you advice. Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The things you've done are the things I would suggest so not sure what else you can try.
One thing though, what's the quality like on 2g? If ok it would at least rule out the mic.
I would personally go to xperia support and request a fix.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Certainly sounds like a faulty mic and Sony is the best place to get support.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tested on 2g and there's no difference.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Confirms the mic is faulty then.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Agreed, something up with mic.
Send to Sony for repair, i would not send to O2 for repair if I'm honest as I am not sure they can guarantee the ip rating post service.
Plus they'd just tell you it's water damaged.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks for your suggestions. I'll contact Sony about it, they're having some issues with their website atm
Message 8 of 8