cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z. Battery problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I've got the Sony Xperia Z for a few days now, the phone it self is amazing. A much better phone than my old iPhone (in my opinion).  The only problem I have so far with the Z is that the battery runs out really quickly.

While playing on a game, I can actually see the phone drop 1% every minute or two and the the drop is lot quicker than the iPhone even though the Z has a better battery.

I would like to know whether this is normal on the Z, or is there a fault on my Z.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Battery life is very subjective and influenced by many factors. By far the biggest battery drain is the screen, so if you are playing games then I would expect to see a significant drop in battery power. A good test for issues is to fully charge the battery, unplug the charger and then switch on airplane mode. Leave the phone completely alone for an hour and check that you still have a full battery. Any significant drain (more than say 2%) would indicate an issue with either the battery or the system not sleeping properly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Battery life is very subjective and influenced by many factors. By far the biggest battery drain is the screen, so if you are playing games then I would expect to see a significant drop in battery power. A good test for issues is to fully charge the battery, unplug the charger and then switch on airplane mode. Leave the phone completely alone for an hour and check that you still have a full battery. Any significant drain (more than say 2%) would indicate an issue with either the battery or the system not sleeping properly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Message 3 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Welcome back from the dark side! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my first Android powered phone and I think is so much better than iOS. iPhone is getting boring with no major changes since it was first launched.
Message 5 of 5