cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia S Water Damage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Sony Xperia S and dropped it in a puddle is there anything I can do to get it working again?

Please HELP x I've got loads of photos stored and it won't connect to my laptop either.

Colleen

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Try putting it a bag of uncooked rice in a dry place for at least a week after taking out the battery.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Try putting it a bag of uncooked rice in a dry place for at least a week after taking out the battery.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did same on a different phone before...spilt a full mug of coffee on phone and it went completely dead.  I agree with the above tip on putting phone in bag of uncooked rice...I didn't know of this tip then but I put my phone apart and placed on a warm radiator overnight and at different times, eg., every hour, I put my hairdryer on low and cool setting and dried the phone througout the next 2 days ... miraculously the phone worked good as ever!  Worth a try ......

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It is important that you immediately pull the battery out to prevent any charge passing through the circuits until the phone is fully dry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't battery pull an Xperia S unfortunately
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Another dumb design idea !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Amen to that! could have opened a world of opportunities! that along with the removal of the test points as well!
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Can't battery pull an Xperia S unfortunately

Indicative of todays throw-away world.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've not really had a close look but i'm sure there must be a way what with mini screwdrivers etc.

But, getting hold of a replacement could be tricky. As you say though our throw away world now means as soon as the S4 is shown to the world next month we shall all want to early upgrade and away we go!
Message 9 of 9