cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Boot-loop/Not Starting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I had a wee search through the forum and didn't see anything about this particular problem, but sorry if this is a repost.

Having some trouble with my (~2 year old) Xperia Neo. Since trying to switch it back on after one of my uni exams, it gets stuck at the Sony Ericsson splash screen, goes black, back to the start screen, rinse and repeat. From what i've read, this is a boot-loop and the only method to fix it is a factory reset.

If it helps any i've not installed anything new on the phone lately, however i rarely switched the phone off before now.

So, how do i do a factory reset on an Xperia Neo? I've seens a few guides online and given them a shot (they usually involve holding down various buttons then switching the phone on) but none of them have worked so far. I can't even use the PC Companion software since my computer can't detect the phone long enough to do anything.

A lot of guides talk about flashing kernels, which is beyond me. If someone could explain it, i'd be grateful.

The advice from O2 so far has been to send it to get fixed. However i can recontract in a week, so would rather see if i can get it working myself than send it off and get it back when i already have a new phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alma.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
  1. Turn the power off. Pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Left and right buttons located beneath the display
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to hard reset your Xperia Neo

All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the phone. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
  1. Turn the power off. Pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Left and right buttons located beneath the display
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to hard reset your Xperia Neo

All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the phone. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help.

Doesn't seem to have helped this time sadly, it's still doing the same thing. Starting to think the only solution really is to get it sent to Sony.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Yes, there's little else you could do unfortunately.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ho hum. Thanks a lot for the help anyway. Will be sure to come back and bug you lot again if the new phone takes a turn too!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Feel free slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6