cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold samsung galaxy s3 - buyer wants to unlock?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I sold my Samsung Galaxy S3, and the buyer wants to unlock the phone from O2, he wants my address and mobile number to do this. I want to know if this will affect my current phone, as I am still using the contract the Samsung was bought on.

Any help would be appreciated!! slight_smile

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Fill the form in yourself, never give your details to a 3rd party.

How do I unlock my phone so it can be used on other networks? | Support | O2

If you are on contract and use your present number it is free. If it's P&G the buyer needs to have £15.00 credit on the phone. If he is in the UK there should be no problem

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Fill the form in yourself, never give your details to a 3rd party.

How do I unlock my phone so it can be used on other networks? | Support | O2

If you are on contract and use your present number it is free. If it's P&G the buyer needs to have £15.00 credit on the phone. If he is in the UK there should be no problem

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

the link you posted doesn't seem to be working 😞

but i've looked at all the O2 help pages and it seems the form is only available for iPhones. Should i ring O2 and unlock it that way? And will unlocking that phone have any affect on my current phone?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No, it won't effect your current phone as it will ask you for the IMEI number of the phone you want to unlock and you should put in the IMEI for the phone you have sold.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just added a thought.... Nothing to stop the buyer putting an O2 PAYG SIM in the phone and getting it unlocked themselves. If you sold is as locked to O2 it's not your responsibility to get it unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6