cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smileys on Galaxy S6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if I will be charged for sending an MMS if I send an SMS containing a smiley/symbol taken from the pre installed selection on the S6?  I've had a look online and it looks as though it should be ok but I'm scared to try!

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Using the stock smilies from the menu on the messaging app is fine. Using the ones on the keyboard can convert to mms.

There is a setting in the text settings to warn you when the message converts. Just make sure the box is ticked.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Using the stock smilies from the menu on the messaging app is fine. Using the ones on the keyboard can convert to mms.

There is a setting in the text settings to warn you when the message converts. Just make sure the box is ticked.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jonsie.  I was looking at the ones that come up when you touch the smiley next to 'enter message'.  I've just changed the setting and tried to send a text and that has gone through so it looks as though it's ok.

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Happy to help slight_smile

The ones next to the send button relate to around 90 characters each so be careful. Use the insert smilie option from the 3 dot menu at the top.

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Have a look at this help guide here
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Happy to help slight_smile

The ones next to the send button relate to around 90 characters each so be careful. Use the insert smilie option from the 3 dot menu at the top.

Thats damn good advice @jonsie....I have to admit I didn't know that... but I don't send smilies anyway tongue .....(only on here via PC....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both. 

One more question - I'm sure I had character count turned on when I first got the phone but it's not on now.  I have no idea how I've turned it off or how to turn it back on again!  Any ideas?!

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Try typing more than One line of text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous.  I've just sent a long rambling text to my husband and I've realised that it only shows when you go onto the second message Smiley Embarassed

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Ok...I have just found out something else by trying it out. When I use the emoticons/smilies on the Samsung keyboard the FIRST one takes 92 characters. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and any other smiley (in the same message) only takes 2 characters each. What's that all about then? Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14