cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since Jellybean upgrade on S3 i can't install GoogleEars or GenieWidget? :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since upgrading to 4.1.1 i can't install GoogleEars.apk or GenieWidget.apk, just says X Application not installed

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Because the features of those apps are locked within the Android software - that's why they won't run anymore. The APK installers worked on ICS because the features they added were not installed on Android OS, but now that they are, they are frozen due to location. Hopefully an update soon will open them back up for us everywhere.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that for now, those widgets are meant to be native to Jelly Bean - but are frozen (disabled) even if you try to install the APK that worked on ICS. There is no "safe" way to force those widgets to be available in the UK yet.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried signed versions of the apps and they still, it seems that JB gives you less freedom to run apps then ICS 😞
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Because the features of those apps are locked within the Android software - that's why they won't run anymore. The APK installers worked on ICS because the features they added were not installed on Android OS, but now that they are, they are frozen due to location. Hopefully an update soon will open them back up for us everywhere.
Message 4 of 4