Did you mean: 

Simple question about the O2 wifi app

EAB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Noob, so apologies if answered before.

Reading the FAQ I am confused about the O2 wifi app. I get the point - use free wifi instead of my data allowance, which is super - but I'm confused as to how this works in practice.

In one question it says you need to sign up so that you get signed in automatically, and in another it says you need to select O2 Wifi from the list of networks.

So which is it? And does the app have to be running all the time for auto signin to happen?

Thanks
Ed

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi EAB.

The first time you encounter an O2 WiFi Zone you will need to go into your phone settings and connect to it.

As long as you have connect to known WiFi spots automatically enabled this will be the only time you need to do this.

When next passing into one of the O2 WiFi zones your phone will recognise that you are registered and connect you to it.

Typically you will either have to open the app or open your browser to confirm you are connected.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3

EAB
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi there

Thanks very much for this. I'm still a little unsure...

Today I realised I'd found a hotspot when it popped up 'Connected to O2 wifi'. I hadn't chosen the network at this point. It was seemingly connected to the web via the hotspot as I was browsing happily and the wireless symbol had replaced the 'H' data symbol.

But it also said 'wireless networks are available', so I selected 'O2 wifi' and it opened an O2 web page that said 'Hello Ed', but also said 'login'.

I didn't open the app or type in any details, so I'm rather confused.
Message 3 of 3