cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have followed sim swap process and old sim/phone de activated 2hours ago but new sim/phone has not. Any suggestions please as now I have no phone that works?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous The swap is usually done within two hours but at busy times it can take up to 24 hours.If you have followed the process correctly just keep switching your phone on and off until you get a signal...then you should be good to go. If it hasn't swapped after 24 hrs then contact CS as advised http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Switch off and restart the phone every 15 minutes or so. If the number hasn't been transferred by morning, call customer service around 8 - 8.30am.

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It can take a few hours
It's not always instant.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice. I have been doing this regularly. As the old phone now off I would have thought the transfer would be seamless!! Alas not
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The guidelines say that it can take up to 24 hours although that is rare.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it does I have been waiting nearly 12 hrs now
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous The swap is usually done within two hours but at busy times it can take up to 24 hours.If you have followed the process correctly just keep switching your phone on and off until you get a signal...then you should be good to go. If it hasn't swapped after 24 hrs then contact CS as advised http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please do as has been suggested by the others, but if all that fails and you have an O2 store nearby, call in and they can do the swap for you. The swap is usually very speedy if it's done in store.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8