cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim network puk code

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have given my partner my galaxy s6 when I got the phone I was told it was unlocked. My partner is with sky mobile and when he put his sim in it was asking for sim network puk code. He put in the unlatching code as this was what i was told he needed (twice) I rang o2 and they said he needs to get puk code from sky. Sky don't do puk codes. So he put his sky sim back in the phone and now it says sim invalid and network locked. Can anyone help me please
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sky must give you the PUK as this is personal to everyone's sim card, ie, they have to do PUK's.
If you need to unlock an o2 phone, how to is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
Which phone is it now that is saying network locked?
If it's your S6, follow the help guide to get it unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sky must give you the PUK as this is personal to everyone's sim card, ie, they have to do PUK's.
If you need to unlock an o2 phone, how to is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
Which phone is it now that is saying network locked?
If it's your S6, follow the help guide to get it unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its the s6 which is saying network locked. Its my old handset before my upgrade. Sky are adament they don't do puk codes .
Thanks for replying
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As I said, they have to do a PUK but follow the link for unlocking your S6.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just done that. Can't believe it can take up to 28 days typical. Thank you for your help
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They say 28 days but it's usually only a couple of days.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've just been reading about Sky and puk's and unbelievably, if you lock your Sky sim, they have to send you a new sim.
How ridiculous is that !!
If that's the best they can do, I suggest you get out as soon as you can.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what rmthey have fine for him, sending new sim. Should get it within 2-3 days hopefully. This is what I get for trying to a nice thing lol.
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Should work fine once you get the correct unlock code for your phone.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

The sky mobile forums make interesting reading. Lots of issues just like this

Message 10 of 13