cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card removed in galaxy s4

Anonymous
Not applicable

My galaxy s4 keep saying sim card removed, reboot your phone, I have sent phone for repair three times and finally got a new galaxy s4, but problem still remains the same. Can someone tell my how resolve this  as I am not impressed with paying £37 a month and not getting srevice...

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Definitely a faulty sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the forum.  I personally have little technical expertise so am unable to help you.

However, one of our senior members @MI5 has a wealth of knowledge with all things Samsung/Android.

He will be able to help you later this morning.

If @jonsie is about, he also has vast experience with Android phones

Of course, other members could show up earlier to advise you..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My galaxy s4 keep saying sim card removed, reboot your phone, I have sent phone for repair three times and finally got a new galaxy s4, but problem still remains the same. Can someone tell my how resolve this  as I am not impressed with paying £37 a month and not getting srevice...

As you have had a new phone and the problem is still occuring, are you using the same SIM card?

It could be that your SIM is faulty. I would suggest requesting a new SIM card which can be done easily by visiting your local O2 store. You can also order one online, by calling customer services or through the online Live Chat.

Edit: Looking around this seems to be quite a common complaint with S4 users on all networks so could be a hardware fault. However Samsung aren't acknowledging the issue from what I can tell. I'd still try a new SIM card.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Definitely a faulty sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
With a new phone it must be the SIM card that is at fault now
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that problem may be with sim card, but when I was using replacment phone sim card worked well, but I 'll request a new one just to check.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably a good idea just to rule it out if nothing else.

If that doesn't solve the problem and you've already had a replacement phone then I can only assume it might be a software issue. Is the phone running the latest version of Android available for it?

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sorry to hijack but I too have recently had this problem with the samsung s4. I have tried a new sim as suggested about but to no avail. I have now had to send phone off for repair.imagesRTMWY7A2.jpg

Anyone had a solution to this?

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like your problem is a failed sim reader so sending off for repair is your only solution....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you  for the reply. Fingers crossed

Message 10 of 11