Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Note 4 Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Having multiple issues with my note 4!

constantly restarts, goes from 80% to 13% battery after it resets
the lag from pressing keys is unbearable!

got this phone November 2014 on o2 refresh, i do have insurance - is it covered for a replacement?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeh, i know all about o2 after their "water damage" fiasco from a previous phone that was never even in the rain, nvm submerged into water!
Message 21 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 22 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the battery for whatever reason, lost it's 'zero point' -- which is a rare thing with all these new batteries in production, but it still tends to happen.. either than or it was a faulty battery waiting to happen.

Samsung are, for the best part pretty good at resolving problems no matter where you are in the world.   I'd hate to consider the hassle I'd get into sorting our my S6 Edge's battery - seeing as it's built in lol.

Message 23 of 30

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all! 

quick update  - i decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to the gold s7 Edge last night, and pay off the £150 left on my refresh! 

hopefully i'll get the £155 quoted on the o2 site to recycle this phone!

Make sure you come back and let us know what you think of the S7 @Anonymous

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 24 of 30

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

My TabPro is giving the same issues now and is being collected by UPS tomorrow to be returned to Samsung. 

Message 25 of 30

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Should be a quick turnaround - Sammy usually very good.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 30

mieinhull1969
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 243 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

A factory reset will delete everything. It resets it to the factory reset i.e like you got it, clean slate.

Samsung are laughable, I'd rather give £900+ to charity and I have, Dove House Hospice, Hull.
Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yep, sure does....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 30

mieinhull1969
  • 243 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
When I ever do a factory reset I always back up everything on my laptop beforehand, then when you factory reset/wipe you can restore everything.
Samsung are laughable, I'd rather give £900+ to charity and I have, Dove House Hospice, Hull.
Message 29 of 30

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just make sure you don't restore any system files or else you could be reinstalling the reason why you had to reset in the first place.
I just make sure my photos and videos are backed up and start everything else fresh.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 30