cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending texts from Spain

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Samsung Galaxy Ace and have just returned from week in Spain. In that week I could receive texts but not send them. As soon as I returned to UK could send texts again.

Anyone know why this would happen?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone that is interested, text messaging works fine with Data Roaming switched off. Spoke with O2 Guru who could not help. If you want to send texts (at cost) then I recommend switching off Data Roaming (and not using O2 Travel) and just connect through wifi instead.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do you have international travel activated on your account?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of interest did you recieve a text when you first switched you phone on in spain from 02? 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understood it automatically went on to O2 Travel
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm now back in Spain and have discovered that I can only send texts with data roaming switched off.

This is a nuisance as I can only receive emails etc with data roaming on. 

Is this normal or am I missing something?

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone that is interested, text messaging works fine with Data Roaming switched off. Spoke with O2 Guru who could not help. If you want to send texts (at cost) then I recommend switching off Data Roaming (and not using O2 Travel) and just connect through wifi instead.

Message 7 of 7