cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending my phone away for repair; should I go through HTC or O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Planning on sending my phone away for a repair, I'll be claiming off the HTC Warranty so it'll go to HTC Repair eventually, am I better going directly through them or going through an O2 store?

Also is there any sort of timeline? I really wanna get my problem sorted but don't wanna be without my phone for an extended period of time.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Always send off to o2 because if you keep having problems with your handset or their replacements, they sometimes exchange it for an equivalent model.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi Conorcfc.

O2 try and stick to a 4 day turn around for repairs and can even deliver it back to your home address if that is more suitable.

An O2 store may also be able to provide you with a loan phone in some cases to help you through until yours is back from repair.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Apparently all manufacturers use the same repair outfit now so it doesn't really seem to make any difference if you go through O2 or go directly. Likely it will be Anovo how repair it anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Make sure you take some photos of the phone's condition before you send it off, or if you bring it to an O2 shop make sure the receipt states the condition so there's no comeback that the screen was cracked or that there was water damage (if those reasons are not why you're sending it for repair) or some such problem before you sent it. There have been many posts about things like that when phones have been sent off for repairs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Always send off to o2 because if you keep having problems with your handset or their replacements, they sometimes exchange it for an equivalent model.
Message 5 of 5