Did you mean: 

Samsung s7 Edge LCD Screen

Mwright1992
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had my phone since October 2017.

On New Year's Day I checked my phone to find it was responding but the screen was not doing anything. It was just staying black. I could see my Notifications LCD was working as were the buttons on the bottom. It appears my LCD has given up, meaning I can no longer do anything with my phone.

Ive been quoted to have my phoned screen fixed which costs more than my upgrade payment. but i have all my photos, cards, apps etc on my phone that i would like to keep then change in october.

is this something O2 would look to fix? is it under warranty? As i havent done anything to the phone its not in my opinion fit for purpose to last the 24 months contract.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Mwright1992 You have a 2 year warranty but I’d suggest you contact Samsung directly for repairs rather than O2. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Mwright1992 Your photos and apps should be backed up to Google. Have you checked?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Mwright1992
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Talking to them now thanks!
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Best of luck @Mwright1992

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Mwright1992
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So...

I spoke to Samsung via online chat last night and we restarted the phone and nothing happened then we tried to do the holding Volume up, Power and home buttons down. But the phone did not do anything. He suggested it needs to come in to avoid further problems but wouldnt give me a price or even an estimate.

now I plan to go to my nearest Samsung Store but this is an hour away where as the nearest o2 store is 20 minutes away.

Should i still go to Samsung or go to o2?

This has never happened to me before so i am unsure on what to do

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Mwright1992

As the phone is still under warranty, it really would be better to get it back to Samsung.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
100% Samsung

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Have a quick search on here about o2's repair department (Anovo) are not held in the highest regard - with most feedback being avoid like the plague...
This should inform your choice as to who to speak to about the problem.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9