cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s3

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey everyone i got a s3 for xmas it was locked on tmobile so i got it unlocked so i can use my pay monthly 02 sim but I've done everything to get jelly bean update but i csnt get it not even thru kies why?
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Seriously Kies is ****. I wouldn't recommend to man or beast.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 21 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

Seriously Kies is ****. I wouldn't recommend to man or beast.

Completely agree! How a company like Samsung come up with an abortion like Kies is beyond comprehension.

Message 22 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anticipated. 

It really isn't as long as you keep it and your phone up to date. 

Message 23 of 40

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's very temperamental and prone to crashing halfway through backups. The latest update kept downloading and then coming up with an error message saying that update had been interrupted and to check connection. I had to reboot the PC and the phone and disconnect Comodo FW & AV before the update would complate.

Message 24 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys if I was to put a tmobile SIM card or orange sim in phone would that force the update ?
Message 25 of 40

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Completely agree! How a company like Samsung come up with an abortion like Kies is beyond comprehension.

It sounds a bit like HTC Sync, that can be a bit contrary.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 27 of 40

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Kies can be dreadful to use at times.

You could try flashing the firmware yourself.

Download the flash tool named Odin.

Download the most up to date firmware from "sammobile.com" (or just google samsung firmware download if this link has to be edited out).

Google "how to flash firmware samsung GT-i9300" or similar and makes sure you read as much as you can before doing it.

As far as  I can see the JB update is not available on T-Mobile devices or has not been uploaded to the above site I mentioned. The firmware below is the most recent I could find.

United Kingdom (T-Mobile)2012 August4.0.4I9300BVBLH2I9300TMUBLH2

Hope you get it sorted, failing that, just pop round mine and we can flash loads of lovely  custom Jelly-Bean firmware. 

Message 28 of 40

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If the phone is a T Mobile phone it will have T Mobile fw on it. You will have to wait for T Mobile to release the update unless you debrand it. No amount of resetting or connecting to kies will help if there is no fw available wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey guys I tried all suggestions today still never got it tried putting a tmobile n Vodafone SIM in phone still nothin and tmobile have released the update apparently
Message 30 of 40