cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s3 mini keeps shutting down

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

for the last 3 weeks my samsung galaxy s3 mini has been shutting down and claiming low battery, but on plugging in and recharging it is often well above the minimum (e.g. 35, 40%). I can't use facebook or the internet unplugged without this happening, and it shut down yesterday whilst I was on the phone (also unplugged). I have taken the battery out and it looks fine. I've downloaded updates on all my apps and still no change. Does the phone/battery need replaced? it is currently not functioning as a 'mobile' phone...

Thx

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It sounds like the common bulging battery issue.
Take it out and see if it's flat or not....
Your choice is to either buy a new genuine battery or send entire phone to O2 or Samsung for a warranty repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It sounds like the common bulging battery issue.
Take it out and see if it's flat or not....
Your choice is to either buy a new genuine battery or send entire phone to O2 or Samsung for a warranty repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If a new battery does not remedy the situation then it's recommended that a person uses the uk support site of the manufacturer before a network repair centre as they know their hardware and software better.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can find your nearest Samsung repair/service centre here http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation
or contact O2 CS if you prefer to use O2 repairers http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It certainly sounds like a battery problem to be honest.

You might also want to try a factory reset. Have you downloaded any apps that coincide with the problems you are having?

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the comments - I took the battery out and tried the 'spin test' (it doesn't spin so doesn't seem to be bulging). I'll follow up the links to the O2 site and manufacturer - thanks

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Let us know how you get on.....
On the app possibility - do you have any battery saving apps installed? If so, try deleting them to see if it helps......

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7