Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Oreo update

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oreo update is now being rolled out in Germany, Poland and India.

Does O2 have a release date yet?

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Easy enough to do? I know it can't be discussed here. Used to do it all the time with my older HTC desire, sensation and one m7.
Message 201 of 271

CraigR
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Pittnuma BTU is the official UK firmware without any network tweaks (like O2 are going now).
Message 202 of 271

CraigR
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@djlukew very easy with Odin software, loads of guides on the web. XDA Developers have a lot of info.
Message 203 of 271

belperite
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I too got fed up with waiting and flashed BTU a few days ago. Needless to say, I've had no reduction in network functionality or reliability issues. Just make sure you back up using the Smart Switch app first.
Message 204 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I got a call back from customer services today. Initially got the usual 'we have no updates' speech but when I pressed for information I was told by the agent he had been informed by the O2 gurus the update was released on 16th March and I could confirm this myself by checking on the android authority page. This was clearly false information, perhaps given to get me off the phone so he could close the case, unbelievable. I'm now going to have to raise a fresh case. What sort of people are O2 employing?!
Message 205 of 271

Pittnuma
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Come in N O2 your time is up....
Message 206 of 271

SamSam123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is taking far too long now, surely all they need to check is 4G working ok then testing calls & data. So difficult to understand when coming out for an iPhone? New OS works for all!? Plus im still on November 17 security patch?
Message 207 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Been waiting since Saturday for an update and have been chasing for this again all day. Someone on this thread said O2 customer service was good. Really? That's not been my experience!
Message 208 of 271

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll actually not get any different answers from customer service than you are getting off here.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 209 of 271

CraigR
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_Kwrote:

I don't have an ETA but would recommend checking back next week - hopefully there'll be a clearer picture.

Well here we are in next week and still no sign. Would next month be too much to ask for?

Message 210 of 271