Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Oreo update

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oreo update is now being rolled out in Germany, Poland and India.

Does O2 have a release date yet?

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Spitfire400 Tap the topic options in one of your posts then select unsubscribe. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 191 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Spitfire400wrote:
How do I unsubscribe from this thread? I keep getting notifications, and now that my handset is unbranded( not affecting the manufacturer warranty or any Insurance on device whatsoever), I just don't need the disappointment of being told over & over that a security update due in December will be arriving soon. So please, can someone tell me how I unsubscribe from this?

Hi @Spitfire400

The only way to unsubscribe is to go to the top left hand side of the page and click on topic options, In the drop down box you will see an option to unsubscribe from this topic.

The only downside is, when the page is full and moves onto a new one, the notifications will start coming in again and you have to repeat the process.

This is a real problem with Lithium ...you can't actually unsubscribe totally (as far as I know)

I responded once on this topic and I keep having notifications, I 'unsubscribe' on a daily basis!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 192 of 271

Spitfire400
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have done that twice now
Message 193 of 271

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You have to do it every time a new page starts or go into your profile and turn off the notifications for everything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 194 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Spitfire400wrote:
I have done that twice now

I know it's a pain....but as I said, you have to do it every time the page fills with 20 posts.

I personally steer clear of the iPhone release threads every September.

As someone with a Samsung, it's infuriating if you post once on that thread (which can go on for for 200 pages) and you get notifications ad infinitum.

I can never understand why, if you unsubscribe, Lithium feels you would like to join in again after one page is full. Evil 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 195 of 271

gjdemon6646
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Any further update yet?

Has anyone seen anything about the u

Message 196 of 271

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@gjdemon6646 wrote:

Any further update yet?

No. As soon as there's any new info i'll let everyone know in this thread.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 197 of 271

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_Kwrote:

@gjdemon6646wrote:

Any further update yet?

No. As soon as there's any new info i'll let everyone know in this thread.

Official O2 twitter have said it'll weeks yet. O2 are the last major network in the UK (and the world) to release the update. It is a poor show, if it was a few days people wouldn't mind but to be at least a month behind is pathetic. It's not as if O2's network is amazingly ahead of the others tech wise.

I gave up waiting and flashed the Official Samsung BTU(UK) Oreo firmware and everything works, when O2 can finally be bothered to release it sometime around Christmas I might flash that one.

Message 198 of 271

bob0411
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I gave up waiting for an adequate/meaningful response via this medium so I've now raised an official complaint via the customer services helpdesk. I would advise any of my fellow customers who are also unhappy with O2 in this matter to do the same. The more of us that complain the more likely they might start taking us seriously on these issues. You do have to wait 24 hours for an acknowledgement then a further 5 working days for a formal response however. Will let you know how I get on.
Message 199 of 271

Pittnuma
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@CraigR doing the same this evening, fed up waiting. What's the difference between Samsung btu and o2 version? Just bloatware?
Message 200 of 271