Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Oreo update

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oreo update is now being rolled out in Germany, Poland and India.

Does O2 have a release date yet?

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

rickit
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well o2 as soon as my contract up I am off. What a poor operation and even wirse customer support.
Message 171 of 271

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's really all you all can do - vote with your feet!
There have been a number of issues in the last few months with loss of services / apps and delayed software releases just compound the lack of confidence from customers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 172 of 271

G33NEEU5
Level 3: Thinker
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My brother in law received his S9 yesterday. It is night and day when you compare it to the S8. Wish i waited now for the S9 instead of the S8. O2 are treating us as fools whoever bought the S8. Never will i get another phone from them. I have learnt my lesson the hard way.
Message 173 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It would be nice to see some sort of compensatory offer from O2 here, e.g. partial refund of monthly airtime charge or a voucher for pay as you go customers.

Message 174 of 271

djlukew
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On what grounds? That's a ridiculous thought.

Yes we want the update, but it's not a guaranteed thing or impacting your service
Message 175 of 271

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nice idea but unless you can show that they've broken any of their T&C's by this, I doubt you'd get anywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 176 of 271

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
So... You want compensation because your Oreo update isn't available yet?
Wow.
Here's the alternative, they release it untested, and the modem file isn't compatible with o2's "own" feature set. Now you have a phone that can't make calls or receive texts because the proper configuration isn't loaded.
Now that's a scenario worthy of the word Compensation.
Message 177 of 271

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@viridiswrote:
So... You want compensation because your Oreo update isn't available yet?
Wow.
Here's the alternative, they release it untested, and the modem file isn't compatible with o2's "own" feature set. Now you have a phone that can't make calls or receive texts because the proper configuration isn't loaded.
Now that's a scenario worthy of the word Compensation.

Yes, because everybody who buys a sim free phone and puts an O2 sim in it can't make calls or receive texts.....

You've just swallowed the O2 corporate Kool-Aid. As long as there are people who believe their nonsense they'll continue to treat us like fools. How come nearly every other network in the world has managed to push out their own branded update but O2 aren't even close (last official word is there'll be a status update in next week), their network isn't exactly special compared to the others. O2 got beat by Verizon for God's sake, they are the low bar for slow updates so I suppose congratulations are in order for O2; well done, lads, a new low.

Message 178 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I wonder why you aren't thinking about changing network @CraigR?

This isn't a facetious comment by the way but a genuine question...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 179 of 271

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I spend months testing this nonsense, and not for O2.
Message 180 of 271