Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Oreo update

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oreo update is now being rolled out in Germany, Poland and India.

Does O2 have a release date yet?

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

CraigR
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Still radio silence from O2, I don't think we'll be getting an update any time soon. Mozambique, Albania and Bangladesh have got it, though, so there's that.

Even more annoying is the fact that we are also stuck on the November security patch. @Chris_K said their own S8 phones have a later patch shows they don't give a damn about us plebs.

Message 141 of 271

hayw77
Level 3: Thinker
  • 33 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@CraigR
You should really have a read of this. The rollout of Oreo has been painfully slow for all non-Google handsets. I don't think O2 have been radically behind the pack. If you want really speedy updates then buy a Pixel phone unlocked like I have. Had 8.1 since I bought the phone in January and on the March 2018 security patch.
www.androidauthority.com/android-8-0-update-784308/amp/
Message 142 of 271

djlukew
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Currently getting errors when manually checking for the update. Hopefully this somehow means it might be on the way..
Message 143 of 271

djlukew
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nevermind. It's working again. No update
Message 144 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can see updates now going to O2C - is that O2 Czech Republic?

Message 145 of 271

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Not sure what O2C is but UK is O2U. I've done what I said in last post, bought Pixel 2 XL yesterday outright sold S8 and gone SIM only. Very happy so far.
Message 146 of 271

CraigR
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@hayw77I had Nexus phones up to the 6P (see previous replies). Think I'll be going back to official Google phones after this. And probably change network as well.

Message 147 of 271

Jaycr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wonder why O2 seem to be satisfied with being last/nearly last with their updates. You'd think there would be some sort of competitiveness with the other major carriers but it seems that O2 accept that the natural order for them is to be trailing along at the rear. This appears to be acceptable to them but not so for their long suffering customers. I have a number of friends/colleagues with S8/S8+ phones and I, being the only one with O2, am the only one still on Android Nougat. O2 also seem to think that customers don't have the right to enquire about the current Oreo update as any enquiries are treated with NO reply or a vague response which suggests an arrogant impatience that a customer has the audacity to think they're entitled to some information. They only way to tackle this apparent contempt for their customers is not to be a customer any more and I for one am just going to let my contract run out and move my custom elsewhere. There, got it off my chest now! 

Message 148 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K Do you have anything at all to say in defence of this?  You've now been asked several times for an update. Thanks.

Message 149 of 271

Spitfire400
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In addition to all these disgruntled o2 customers with s8/+ who don't have the latest security updates. What about the note 8 on my contract? Last updated by o2 in February, yet the s8+ is still on November. So it's ok for the note 8 but not the s8+, proper let down. That's not even Oreo, it's an updated version of Nougat. Where is the one for my handset?

Message 150 of 271