Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Oreo update

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oreo update is now being rolled out in Germany, Poland and India.

Does O2 have a release date yet?

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

bob0411
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff, perhaps you should consider the tone of your posts if you don't wish people to take exception then.
Message 61 of 271

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@bob0411 wrote:
So either Samsung waited 2 weeks before pulling the build with O2 or it took O2 2 weeks to respond, which is it?

I get the frustration - there's a new major update and everyone wants it. As I said though, we only had the build pulled last week.

Regardless though, none of what I've said changes the fact nobody in the UK has released this. It's not ready. And it's still being tested by everybody. If/when we're comfortable the build we have has no issues and performs as expected across all network features, we'll send our approvals back to Samsung but until that stage, there's no ETA we can provide.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 62 of 271

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@bob0411wrote:
@Cleoriff, perhaps you should consider the tone of your posts if you don't wish people to take exception then.

@bob0411There was nothing wrong with the tone of my post. I was trying to help. You took exception because I didn't agree with your post as you claimed the content of the official post was wrong on many levels .
Anyhow @Chris_K has explained again, so I will leave it at that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff No, I took exception at the tone of your post as I think I already said, e.g. "Did you actually read...", "Did you understand...". "Came across as more than slightly patronising I'm afraid...
Message 64 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Chris_K ok, and what is the reason for the delay/non availability of the latest security patch?
Message 65 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Chris_K you haven't received the revised build or you're busy testing it, which is it, as you seem to be contradicting yourself? I've now contacted Samsung UK direct for their view on this as I'm taking what you're saying with a sizeable pinch of salt.
Message 66 of 271

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@bob0411 wrote:
@Chris_K you haven't received the revised build or you're busy testing it, which is it, as you seem to be contradicting yourself? I've now contacted Samsung UK direct for their view on this as I'm taking what you're saying with a sizeable pinch of salt.

I'm afraid you won't get any more info from Samsung than what I've already given. Via Social Media, Samsung are openly stating they have no further info or ETA.

After the existing build we were working on was pulled last week, we do have a new one that is currently undergoing testing. As stated previously we have no ETA for this and as happened with our previous build, there's always the possibility this too could be pulled for whatever reason, or we may even need to reject it if it experiences issues with our network features. We will only ever release an update if/once we're happy with it, and confident it will provide a positive user experience and all network features work as expected.

PS. Regards to the security updates, our own S8 devices have the December update - I'm checking into why some may only be seeing the November one, though.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 67 of 271

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Chris, only the open market S8 has the December patch as I pointed out yesterday.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Samsung-s8plus-oreo-update/m-p/1111709#M146757
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 68 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K Thanks for clarifying the above. So O2 HAS received the corrected Oreo build and you're in the process of testing it. I await further news with baited breath. Please do update us on the reason for the non delivery of the December security patch and likely timescales for this to be deployed. Thank you.

Message 69 of 271

daern
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Chris,

AP/CP: G955FXXU1AQK7
CSC: G955FOTF1AQK7
Security patch level: 1st November 2017

Thanks.
Message 70 of 271