Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Oreo update

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oreo update is now being rolled out in Germany, Poland and India.

Does O2 have a release date yet?

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Spitfire400wrote:
  • This is a bit silly now. I have this s8+ and also a Note 8 for my wife. The Note 8 got a security patch today when I told her to check. So now running February's security patch. I'm not even bothered if o2 don't release Oreo, an update for Nougat would be better than leaving me on November's security patch.

Not even available for open market S8+ yet.

See post here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Samsung-s8plus-oreo-update/m-p/1111719#M146761

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 271

bob0411
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The silence from O2 is deafening. An explanation is in order. Where are you with testing? What is your target date for release? In percentage terms how close are you to releasing the update? And please don't say 'we're working on it'! 

Message 52 of 271

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All I'm hearing are excuses, and blaming Samsung. No plan, no dates. And they can't even get the security patch out in a timely manner. Shoddy service in the extreme.
Message 54 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@bob0411Did you actually read this update from @Chris_K

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Samsung-s8plus-oreo-update/m-p/1111698/highlight/true#M146...

If so, did you understand the part where he said 'this isn't just O2'....and 'only last week Samsung withdrew the build they were working on'.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did read it, it's factually inaccurate on several levels, for example the build was pulled mid Feb not last week, and was resumed 2 weeks ago. Did you actually read my last post, i.e. security update? Not quite sure why you feel the need to be an apologist for O2 either? The point is they should be keeping customers informed not waiting until people feel the need to complain via such channels as this forum. Basic good business protocol.

Message 56 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I am certainly not being an apologist for O2. Just pointing out what was officially posted by O2 yesterday.

No need for you to take exception to my post either.

I will call @Chris_K to this thread as it's his job to let you know what's going on.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 271

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@bob0411 wrote:

I did read it, it's factually inaccurate on several levels, for example the build was pulled mid Feb not last week, and was resumed 2 weeks ago. Did you actually read my last post, i.e. security update? Not quite sure why you feel the need to be an apologist for O2 either? The point is they should be keeping customers informed not waiting until people feel the need to complain via such channels as this forum. Basic good business protocol.

As my original post states, Samsung only pulled the build we were working towards approval on last week, not mid-Feb, so there are clearly different builds in circulation for different markets - and the article you've probably seen was a main build destined for the US market.

We can only keep you as informed as we are. Bottom-line is nobody in the UK has released this update because it's still being tested and due to wanting to ensure customers get an update that doesn't cause issues like the previous one, we don't have a timescale - testing will take as long as we feel it needs to, whether that's a day, week, fortnight...

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 58 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the clarification @Chris_K

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 271

bob0411
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
UK article:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/galaxy-s8-android-oreo-update-resumed-3401762

So either Samsung waited 2 weeks before pulling the build with O2 or it took O2 2 weeks to respond, which is it?

Message 60 of 271