Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Oreo update

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oreo update is now being rolled out in Germany, Poland and India.

Does O2 have a release date yet?

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

Spitfire400
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I updated to an unbranded version of Oreo (XEU) firmware on my s8+, realised it caused some bugs with bluetooth & calls/wifi calls. So now back on NRD90M.G955FXXU1AQK7 (O2U) patiently waiting for o2 to sign off their update. I guess I was lucky, as I have read some users are getting locked onto bootloader after update, meaning they can't downgrade like I did.

Message 11 of 271

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, I've seen reports of bootloader issues and that Samsung have pulled the update for now. Perhaps the official name (FXXU1CRAP) was a sign...

Seems I was too hasty to moan to @Chris_K so apologies.

Think I was spoiled being a longtime Nexus user all the way to the 6P. Still, am still liking the S8 so not really any regrets.

Message 12 of 271

bjmac1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all good evening, now that Samsung are resuming the orea update, can anyone advise when 02 will begin the rollout for the Samsung galaxy s8.
Message 13 of 271

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not this week.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 271

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is there a way to still get the security updates for Nougat through the software update feature in the phone, without upgrading to Orea once it comes out? Or is it a case of once its available, you have to upgrade to it
Message 15 of 271

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There won't be any Nougat updates once your version of Oreo is released.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 271

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
There won't be any Nougat updates once your version of Oreo is released.

Sorry didnt mean the OS updates, meant the monthly or so security updates that get released

Message 17 of 271

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ah yes, whilst there is still Nougat firmware on some phones (of the same model) you will still be able to get them.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 271

gjdemon6646
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi all,

Samsung has started rolling out the Oreo update again after the problems last week.

I know its not gone live in the UK yet but wondered if from your experiences how long does it take O2 to push it out?

This is my first android phone and im amazed at how behind the updates are getting to Samsung devices

Thanks all

Message 19 of 271

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We know that O2 are testing it already and 2-3 weeks is usually the norm before they get pushed to customers, assuming no issues are found.
There are already 2 or 3 threads running asking the same question and we have tagged @Chris_K for updates, as he is the man in the know on these things......

Currently using:
Message 20 of 271