cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a faulty 4 months old Samsung, now O2 are trying to tell me it needs to go for repair !!! Under the Consumer Credit Act!!!!! Ive informed them I want it replaced under The Sale of Goods Act, they are now saying I needed to inform them within 28 days of me receiving the phone it worked OK for the first 3 months it would be good if after 50 mins on the phone to Customer service that they actually knew the law Trading Standards now involved
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unless you can prove it was a manufacturing fault, present since day 1, 28 days is your statutory rights, isn't it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm fairly sure that O2 are acting correctly in sending it for repair. Personally I would send it to Samsung rather than trust it to O2's repairers.

Message 3 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

to the op, it's actually the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which superseded your rights under The Sale of Goods and Services Act 1982 (as amended). 

as you bought the item on credit, the goods don't actually belong to you until the final payment. 

Also o2 are well within their rights to send it away for repair as per the Consumer Rights Act.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 13

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
MI5 is correct, unless you can prove the issue was there from day 1, and since it is after 28 days, it is down to the supplier to fix the issue by their choice of methods, be that repair, or be that replace.

As mentioned though it is recommended you go to Samsung rather than O2
Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And here's the link for Samsung should you need it...http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your replies, O2 have replied privately to me saying that their terms and conditions supercede the Consumer Rights Act and for those that are agreeing that O2 should repair that's OK but if you read the above act correctly it also says ' If the repair would cause you serious inconvenience then it needs to be Replaced or refunded' this indeed would cause me serious inconvenience
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would be advisable to contact Samsung in all honesty.
You seem to be a little confused as to your rights but be assured that our experience tells us it's the best way to proceed in your situation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not confused M15 having run it passed my sister ( A Barrister) the CRA does have the provision for the goods to be Replaced and BTW I own the phone outrite
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK mate, I trust your judgement - let us know how it goes for you please?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13