Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 unlock

Stevenxxx1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok  trying to  unlock a  Samsung S6  locked to o2, need to use  my sons vodafone sim in as he smashed his own phone.  I have the unlatching code,  phone just doesn't seem to want to unlock. It works fine with my own o2 sim so handset is not locked. Son's vodafone sim works fine in another vodafone  handset. I  have tried factory  reset etc but just can't  get the handset to unlock allowing me to use the vodafone sim, really  really frustrated as i have tried o2 online help several times. I have also searched posts on these forums andd can't get anywhere. Please help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Stevenxxx1Follow the advice in this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Edited to ask if you bought the phone from O2 or CPW?. If CPW it will already be unlocked.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Try this method, backup is advised as it will wipe the phone:

Back up phone using Samsung Smart Switch to save Apps, settings, contacts, music etc.

Disconnect phone.

REMOVE SIM: DO NOT PUT IN NEW SIM.

Do full Factory reset and follow steps until phone ready.

Go to the dial screen on your phone as if you are going to make a call and press #7465625*638*# Once prompted for code, enter the 8 digit Unlock Code. (no need for Network Sim- use unlock code from O2. In my case this was a code that had not worked vis Sim inserted method)

Should see Unlock successful message.

Connect phone to Smart Switch and restore data.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Locked/m-p/1107497#M67740

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23065 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

OP has said they've already done a factory reset. Didn't say whether they'd backed the phone up first.Don't know

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Would have hoped so although if Phone is being passed on it may not be required.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Stevenxxx1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i'm not even sure what network sim is? i'm sure i have tried this but i will give it another go!

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23065 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Stevenxxx1 A network sim just means the name of the network, i.e. O2, Voda, etc...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Stevenxxx1wrote:

i'm not even sure what network sim is? i'm sure i have tried this but i will give it another go!

You don't need a different sim with the method I posted above.

It's unlocking through the service menu so no sim is required in the phone.

If successful, you can then put the Voda sim in and it should accept it straight away.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Stevenxxx1, how are you doing today? Please do let us know if you've had any luck with the S6 yet or if you're still struggling?

Message 9 of 9