cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 converting emoji to MMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone expalin to me how to stop my almost brand new Samsung S6 converting emojis to MMS messages? This has only just started happening since I downloaded and installed the MMS settings yesterday.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Set MMS creation mode to restricted and also set phone to warn you when converting to MMS. These settings are all in the message app.
Also have a read of this help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Set MMS creation mode to restricted and also set phone to warn you when converting to MMS. These settings are all in the message app.
Also have a read of this help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the very quick answer, hopefully all sorted now.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just shout up if you have any more problems.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wondered about this too.

I tried a text by adding 5 smileys but I didn't get a warning to say it might go mms so I didn't send it...

Would my S6 Edge+ only tell me it's an sms or mms once I hit send?

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The warning flashes up on screen whilst typing but you need to turn on the warning in message settings.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On my Note the warning is set to on by default ? It must be... as I have never turned it on and I am always warned when text converts to MMS

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Could be. I don't remember tbh.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Could be. I don't remember tbh.

Why would you? I don't suppose you ever text nowadays..Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hardly ever. Only to my Mother really, but it's so long since I set up my Note 4 I don't remember if it was ticked by default or not. I remember checking, but not what it was set to.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11