cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 Edge vs Sony Z5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

I'm due an upgrade from a HTC M8 and have been exhaustively researching for a good 2 weeks now and I just can't make up my mind.

To summers,  the Edge is beautiful in terms of chassis and screen but perhaps not quite so impressive on the spec sheets as the Z5. A case of heart says the Samsung S6 Edge and head says Z5.

What are people's experiences of the two phones so far? I need to decide before the weekend is finished!

Many thanks,

Chris.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not considered the Z5 premium.. I can't think how the 4k screen is worth it and wonder how it will shred the battery even though it will be beefed up..

.. plus the reflective casing would not be to my taste. Too ostentatious! 

Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
I certainly wouldn't buy one immediately but may consider it after I've read a few reviews.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The 4k is only activated when using the media player applications.
The rest of the time it is at 1080p using a unique sub pixel layout so it can scale between the two with no image quality loss at all.
Really clever panel actually
Message 23 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

This should explain it better. 

Message 24 of 24